Community Youth Activity Center
It's a dream and a vision that the KidsLife board has had from day one: a facility that allows us to better meet practical community needs and serve more kids. It will serve as:
1. A safe and fun after school hangout that is open evenings, weekends, and summers. Conveniently located next to the Junior High and the YMCA, the Klubhaus will be uniquely suited to serve the junior high population after school and during the summers. We also plan on including mentoring, tutoring, and other youth development programs into our operations.
2. The activity center will be able to host community events, youth concerts and other special events.
3. The plans include a commercial kitchen to give the flexibility to serve meals to kids (and families) who need it. We hope to be a support for other organizations in town who need space or additional ways of feeding people.
4. We dream of meeting after school needs for the 3rd through 5th grade population and build mentoring and positive life skills into the programs.
5. The Klubhaus is for the community! We want to see it utilized by other youth-serving organizations like our partner, the YMCA, and many others where we can be a support for the amazing ways they are serving youth in Sheridan. We hope the carpet wears out from so much use!
Here are some facts about the klubhaus:
The current facility/property at 426 and 444 W. Alger, next to the YMCA campus, was acquired thanks to a generous foundation and a partnership with the YMCA
The campaign goal is $2.5 million (Phase 1 & 2), and currently the board and other local foundations have pledged over $1.5 million towards the goal. (The amount pledged does not include the already acquired property)
Phase 1 of the project is demolition and was complete as of March 2018 (thanks to another generous donor) to prepare the property for the new construction.
Phase 2 of the project is to finish the shell of the building and the main floor. Construction began May 2018 and is estimated to be fully functional by the 2019-2020 school year. This new space will greatly increase our programming ability and our ability to serve youth. This phase will open the after school and weekend open hours.
Phase 3 of the project is to complete the 2nd floor and the basement. This phase will be able to serve the elementary age after school program and open up additional basement space.
Interested in investing in the youth of Sheridan through a youth activity center? Contact KidsLife Executive Director, Ryan Koltiska, at 307-751-5989 to be a part of this dream come true!